The history behind using Copper Water
For thousands of years, people of India and many other Asian countries have known the benefits of drinking Copper Water. In ancient times, our ancestors and even our grandmothers followed the practice of storing water in containers made of copper. Another practice followed was throwing copper coins into water. Their aim was probably to safeguard drinking water. Here is how, once the coin is thrown in water, copper would slowly dissolve in the water and lends it all its positive properties.
Ayurveda states that when you drink water stored in a copper vessel, it has the ability to balance all the three doshas in our body Vata, Pitta and Kapha and also has many health benefits. This happens because copper vessel positively charges the water. The therapeutic water from a copper vessel is called Tamrajal in Sanskrit. The traces of copper in a Tamrajal are safe and in fact, healthy.
Copper naturally performs the purification process in water and have many antimicrobial properties. Here are 5 natural benefits of drinking copper water.
1. Kills Bacteria - When water is stored in a copper vessel, a very small amount of copper ions gets dissolved into the water. This process is called Oligodynamic effect which has the ability to destroy a wide range of harmful microbes, molds, fungi etc. The best part about this water is that it never becomes stale and can be stored this way for long periods of time.
2. Helps digestive system to perform better - Copper has properties that stimulate peristalsis (the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the stomach that helps food get digested and move along the digestive tract), kill harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation within the stomach, making it a great remedy for ulcers, indigestion and infections. Copper also helps cleanse and detox your stomach, regulates the working of your liver and kidneys, and proper elimination of waste and ensures the absorption of nutrients from food.
3. Aids weight loss - To lose weight quicker, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel regularly. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminates it more efficiently, thereby, helping your body keep only what it will use and throw out the rest.
4. Slows down ageing - If you are worried about the appearance of fine lines on your face, copper is your natural remedy. Packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights off free radicals, one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines.
5. Mitigates the risk of cancer - Another disease that is quickly becoming extremely common, cancer, can be debilitating for both the patient and their family. How does copper help? Well, copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer